Apple iPhone 6s and 6s Plus officially announced with 12MP and 5MP cameras + A9 processor + 3D Touch
Apple have officially announced their Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus smartphones with many new hardware and feature upgrades. Like most S iPhone cycle iterations, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus do not change much in terms of design except that you get a new rose gold colour and that the body is a bit thicker than before (7.1mm from 6.9mm for the iPhone 6s and 7.3mm from 7.1mm from the iPhone 6s Plus). This is perhaps because the all metal body now uses 7000 Series aluminum, so hopefully there won't be any more bendgates. This also means that they are also heavier at 143g from 129g for the iPhone 6s and 192g from 172g for the iPhone 6s Plus. There are no significant changes to display sizes as well so you get the same 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch Retina HD displays as before. There are also no changes in terms of storage tech specs with 16GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options but no RAM details yet. Check out some of the new features below:
- 3D Touch ~ a step up from Force Touch on the Apple Watch, 3D Touch offers Peek with a light press which previews the contents and Pop with a deeper press to open it. A Taptic Engine taps back to offer feedback for each of your taps, light presses and deep presses.
- A9 processor ~ built off of a smaller fabrication process the A9 processor is 70% more powerful than before and now comes with an M9 motion processor chip. Graphics have been boosted 90% higher as well
- 12MP rear camera ~ the rear camera now offers 4K video recording at 30 fps and up to 63MP panorama shots. A new pixel technology called Focus Pixels improves tone mapping while optical image stabilization keeps your shots and videos steadier. Live Photos also captures movement and sound at the moment you take a picture as well, but this can only be viewed on other Apple devices.
- 5MP front camera ~ while it has no flash, the Retina Flash feature uses your screen to flash three times brighter than usual, providing some form of extra lighting for your selfies when you need it.
- Siri ~ Siri is now always on, so you can talk to her and give commands even when charging.
The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will still retain the Touch ID fingerprint sensor built into the Home button along with improved 4G LTE Bands but it appears that Malaysia won't be getting the two when the preorder starts on 12 September 2015. Singapore will though, so if you can't wait you can go over there and pick it up when it comes on 25 September 2015, but pricing in Singapore has usually been higher compared to the local pricing in Malaysia. Interestingly enough, pricing for existing Apple iPhones in Malaysia have gone up. We expect the Malaysia release date to be in November or December like last year but in the meantime you can check out the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus US pricing below:
- Apple iPhone 6s with 16GB storage - $649 (RM2836)
- Apple iPhone 6s with 64GB storage - $749 (RM3274)
- Apple iPhone 6s with 128GB storage - $849 (RM3711)
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus with 16GB storage - $749 (RM3274)
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus with 64GB storage - $849 (RM3711)
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus with 128GB storage - $949 (RM4148)