Could the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 be coming to Malaysia after next week (Update: 24 April) from ~RM1149?
Initially announced in India back in February 2018 as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 has appeared being teased by the official Mi store on Lazada to be coming to Malaysia on 24 April 2018 (Update: the invites are out at it has been confirmed as 24 April 2018). Priced at 13999 INR (~RM855) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version and 16999 INR (~RM1038) for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage version, we considered the previous pricing of the Mi A1 (RM1099) for an expected Malaysia price range of RM1149 to RM1299.
The first in the world to feature the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor, the Redmi Note 5 for Malaysia could also pack in a 5.99-inch 18:9 aspect ratio display with FHD+ resolution, an infrared blaster (universal remote control), 12MP + 5MP dual rear cameras and a 20MP front camera with LED flash. Other tech specs like a 4000 mAh battery will keep the lights on while a Face Unlock feature will also be included with the rear fingerprint sensor.
Mi Malaysia usually does not bring in both variants of the same model at once, so we expect the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage version to come later, especially if there is a good response for the more affordable 4GB RAM version. Of course we have no confirmed Malaysia pricing details just yet but if the official Lazada store is already teasing it for 24 April 2018, we expect it to be sold or on pre-order starting from that day (India's Redmi Note 5 Pro is going on pre-order on 27 April 2018).
Check out the tech specs for what we expect the Redmi Note 5 to have below:
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB storage + up to 128GB microSD
- 5.99-inch display (18:9 aspect ratio, FHD+, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution)
- 12MP + 5MP dual rear cameras (f/2.2+f/2.0, LED flash) + 20MP front camera (LED Flash)
- features Face Unlock, rear fingerprint sensor, microUSB, infrared blaster (universal remote control) 4G LTE dual SIM (nanoSIM + nanoSIM/microSD)
- supports Bluetooth 5.0, AGPS, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G Wi-Fi + 5G Wi-Fi
- 158.6 x 75.4 x 8.05 mm | 181g
- 4000 mAh battery
- Android Nougat + MIUI 9
- Available in black, blue, gold and rose gold
How much do you think the Redmi Note 5 will be priced? Which version would you want, the 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM version? Discuss on our Facebook page (or below) and stay tuned to TechNave.com
India's Redmi Note 5 Pro could well be Malaysia's Redmi Note 5