Dual camera smartphone Nudia Z17 Mini with 6GB RAM and more officially revealed
As previously teased, the new Nubia Z17 Mini is finally revealed as another new smartphone with dual camera module setup. Coming in Champagne Gold, Black Gold, Elegant Black, and Red, below is the official specifications:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 / Snapdragon 653 MSM8976 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage (expandable memory available up to 200GB via microSD card)
- 5.2-inch display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- 13MP Sony IMX258 sensor + monochrome sensor (f/2.2, EIS, OIS, for both) / 16MP front camera (80° wide-angle lens and a f/2.0 aperture)
- Features fingerprint sensor, DTS Audio Enhancement, a USB Type-C port
- Supports dual band WiFi, NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- Nubia UI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 2950mAh battery
On the design department, the full-metal device doesn’t have any physical home button but it does have a red holo capacitive sensor there which looks cool. It’s interesting to note that the two models come in RAM and processor variants as seen in the list above. If you’re wondering what’s the difference, the Snapdragon 653 version is just 10% more powerful than then Snapdragon 652 version.
Both models offer the same 85% color gamut and 424 ppi, as well as the incredible 200GB extra storage, but you will have to sacrifice the second SIM slot for that, though. Storage on both variants can be expanded via a MicroSD card (200GB max.), but you will have to sacrifice the second SIM slot to do that.
As for the dual cameras, the secondary camera is just like how Huawei is doing with their Mate 9, P9, and P10 series except that it serves as well as a depth of field, black and white sensor with no megapixel on it. The device supports 0.1 mixed focus, can capture 4K ultra-high definition video recording and slow motion too.
According to Nubia’s offcial website, the two devices will go on sale on 13 April 2017 in China first, with 1699 Yuan (around RM1092) for the 4GB RAM mode, and 1999 Yuan (around RM1285). Will it come to Malaysia? Stay tuned for that at TechNave.com.