HTC U11 revealed with new HTC Edge Sense squeeze function, 6GB RAM, IP67 water resistant grade, and more
Today, HTC has finally unveiled their latest much teased smartphone called the HTC U11. Promoted with the theme Brilliant U for the past few weeks, it is the world’s first smartphone featuring a unique squeeze interaction. Below are the official specifications and features:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, 64-bit octa-core, up to 2.45GHz
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage (microSD expansion supports additional memory cards up to 2TB with Flex Storage, optional cards not included)
- Measures 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm, weighs 169g
- 5.5 inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super LCD 5, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 (1.4μm pixel, UltraSpeed Autofocus, BSI sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, f/1.7, Dual LED flash / 16MP front camera (BSI sensor, Live make-up)
- Featuring IP67 water and dust resistance, fingerprints sensor, HTC Edge Sense, HTC Sense Companion, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, USB Type-C
- Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, HTC Connect,4G LTE and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity
- Android 7.1 with HTC Sense
- 3000mAh battery (Quick Charge 3.0)
So what is this “Brilliant U” that HTC been teasing about? Well, it’s called the HTC Edge Sense and what it does is that it can sense your touch to do various tasks or interact with you. This includes from taking photos or opening any kind of apps. It can also be used to send text messages faster and easier (according to HTC) and even open Voice to Text function when squeezed lightly. Edge Sense is customizable as well with short squeeze, squeeze and hold, and so on.
Meanwhile, HTC also introduces the latest version of HTC USonic, which now combines Active Noise Cancellation and an improved BoomSound Hi-Fi edition speaker for better Dynamic Range Audio. There’s also three intelligent companions pre-installed inside - HTC Sense Companion, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. In China, HTC U11 also offers Duer AI Assistant: Powered by Baidu DuerOS.
The phablet is available in Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White, and Solar Red, and will be available worldwide from May 2017 onward. Stay tuned for more news on the availability and price of the HTC U 11 in Malaysia coming later in June at TechNave.com.