Finally, after many weeks of teasing the Huawei Mate 8 has been officially unveiled and it is a fullmetal phablet with three types of pricing. The three variant costs are a 3GB + 32 GB model for CNY 2999 (RM1985.09), 4GB + 64GB for CNY 3699 (RM2448.43) and 4GB + 128GB for CNY 4399 (RM2911.78). It packs some serious tech specs too:-
- Huawei Kirin 950, quad Cortex A72 cores (2.3GHz) and quad Cortex A53 cores (1.8GHz)
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB storage (microSD card not known)
- 6-inch screen with FHD 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Sony IMX298 16MP main camera and 8MP selfie snapper
- Dual-SIM slots
- VoLTE, 4G support and NFC.
- Fingerprint sensor, Knuckle Touch 2.0, Split Screen multi-tasking
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 4000 mAh battery
According to Huawei, the fullmetal Mate 8 balances between performance and efficiency very well with the 2.3GHz quad Cortex A72 cores and 1.8GHz quad Cortex A53 cores; and together with the new TSMC Kirin 950 chipset, the smartphone’s CPU improved by 100% and 125% better (GPU) as compared to its predecessors. This should work smoothly with its Sony IMX298 16MP camera with dual LED flash and doing a slow motion video recording at 120 fps. The device should be able to last for 2.36 days on average and 1.6 days of constant usage.
The Mate 8 also has some new features such as Huawei’s own Emoticon UI, Knuckle Touch 2.0, split-screen and smart SMS. We don’t know when the device will come to Malaysia, but it will eventually (like they always do). We will let you know once it has!