LG V20 taking multimedia experience to the next level with Steady Record 2.0, front & rear wide angle cameras, Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Android Nougat and more
Today, LG Electronics (LG) unveiled the LG V20, the latest in its V series of smartphones boasting new features including Steady Record 2.0, Hi-Fi Quad DAC, HD Audio Recorder and front and rear wide-angle lens cameras to deliver best-in-class performance. It is also the world’s first smartphone to come preloaded with Android 7.0 Nougat OS and the new Google In Apps phone search function. Below is the official specifications:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB UFS ROM (expandable memory available up to 2TB)
- Main 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi), Secondary IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Measures 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm, weighs
- 6MP rear camera (F1.8, OIS, standard angle) & 8MP (F2.4, wide angle) + 5MP front camera (F.19, wide angle)
- Features Hi-Fi Video Recording, Steady Record 2.0, HD Audio Recorder, Studio Mode, High AOP Mic, Second Screen, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Fingerprint Scanner and Google’s In Apps
- Supports LTE-A 3 Band CA, X12 LTE (up to 600 Mbps LTE Category 12 with 3x Carrier Aggregation), Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2 and NFC, connectivity
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3200 mAh battery (removable and Quick Charge 3.0)
Introducing Steady Record 2.0, it leverages Qualcomm Technologies’ electronic image stabilization (EIS) 3.0 to record sharper video footage minimizing shaky images. V20 users can also record Hi-Fi videos and manually control the settings with Low Cut Filter (LCF) that removes unwanted background noise and Limiter (LMT) that sets recording distance.
Furthermore, the V20 is the world’s first smartphone to feature a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, powered by ESS Technology, the V20 delivers clear sound by minimizing distortion and ambient noise by up to 50 percent. And there's the HD Audio Recorder, which can capture studio-quality audio with a wider dynamic frequency range using three high AOP microphones to record sound that surpasses audio recordings on conventional smartphones. Users are also able to manually control sound via Studio Mode with easy-to-use keys similar to ones found in video cameras.
The wide angle lens allows easier phototaking for big groups
Last but not least, the V20 is the world’s first phone to showcase Google’s In Apps. The new search mode featured in the Google app, helps users find content not only from built-in apps including contacts, emails, text messages and photos, but also from user-installed apps. It also enables users to discover recently accessed apps, people to get in touch with, messages to read or activity across apps without having to type a query.
“The LG V20 is designed to offer customers a more dynamic experience by building on the most popular video and audio features of the V series,” said Juno Cho, president of LG Electronics and Mobile Communications Company. “With the LG V20, we are giving our customers more of everything they love and less of anything they don’t need to set a new standard for premium smartphones.”
The LG V20 will be available in Korea starting this month followed by other regions. Information regarding other markets and launch dates will be announced locally in the weeks to come.