MCO to be extended across the whole country starting from 12 May
Photo courtesy of Prime Minister's Office of Malaysia Official Website
MCO will be imposed across the whole country starting from 12 May to 7 June as announced by our Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today. Besides that, the SOP has also been reviewed and updated with some new ones that the public will need to look out for.
According to the press release posted by the Prime Minister himself on Facebook, the SOP includes:
- Not allowed to cross counties and states
- All forms of social gatherings, seminars, conferences, and meetings are prohibited
- All sports activities are prohibited except individual sports in open space such as jogging, cycling, and exercise
- All educational institutions to be closed
- The maximum number of people in a private vehicle is only three people
- Dining in the restaurant is not allowed
- Work From Home Practice (BDR) should be enforced with the presence of no more than 30 percent of staff in the office
- Visiting friends and relatives, and graveyard visits for Hari Raya celebrations are prohibited
- Hari Raya prayers will be allowed but limited to only 50 people inside mosques and suraus that can accommodate more than 1,000 people
Let us know what you think about this news on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to TechNave.com for more local news. Stay home and stay safe!