Meizu M5 announced as entry-level phone in China
So it's official, Meizu has revealed the mysterious smartphone on Halloween called the Meizu M5. As previously rumoured, it's indeed an entry-level device but has very attractive colours (Mint Green, Blue, Matte Black, White, and Champagne Gold), and the body is made of plastic too. Below is the official specifications:
- Octa-core Mediatek chip clocked at 1.5GHz
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB storage (expandable memory available)
- 5.2-inch 2.5D screen with a 720p display
- 13MP rear camera (f/2.2, PDAF, fast auto-focus, and dual tone LED flash) + 5MP front camera
- Features fingerprint scanner, dual SIM hybrid slot
- Yun OS
- 3070 mAh battery
For an entry-level phone, it's quite impressive that it can be unlocked within 0.2 secs along with a huge battery pack. There's also no word on if there will be an international variant, but it's up on sale on Meizu's official online mall, Lynx and Suning. Its other online platforms will start on 7 November 2016.
Price-wise, the 2GB variant will cost 699 Yuan (around RM432) and 899 Yuan (around RM556) for the 3GB variant. We will keep a look out if it comes to Malaysia or not, so stay tuned for more news at Technave.com.