Metal and glass Honor 8 officially launched in Malaysia from RM1699 for 4GB RAM/32GB storage version
Honor Malaysia officially launched their latest flagship today with the Honor 8. Featuring a new 15-layer glass back and front with a slim and thin metal frame body, the smartphone takes a step upward past its entry-level to midrange beginnings while keeping very much in tune with its roots. Utilizing a dual rear camera setup with one colour and one monochrome sensor, the Honor 8 looks to offer better bokeh effects and vivid image capture than its previous dual rear camera offering, the Honor 6 Plus.
Available in black, gold, sapphire blue and white, the phone comes in two variants and pricing with the 4GB RAM / 32GB storage (black and white) version going for RM1699 and the 4GB RAM / 64GB storage (gold and sapphire blue) version going for RM1899. It should be available starting 8 September 2016 from VMALL.my and Lazada along with DirectD and SenHeng with a whole bunch of freebies. In addition, there will be a 12 months device exchange and 3 months screen protection policy.
Here are the Honor 8 tech specs:
- 16nm 64-bit octa-core Kirin 950 processor + i5 co-processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB storage + up to 128GB microSD
- 5.2-inch display (Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 1500:1 contrast, 423 ppi pixel density, 16.7 million colours)
- Dual 12MP rear camera (f/2.2 aperture, Dual Image Signal Processing chips, Colour + Monochrome sensors) + 8MP front camera (f/2.4 aperture)
- Features 4G LTE, NFC, fingerprint sensor + customizable app launch smart key, infrared remote control, DTS sound processing, Dual-microphone noise reduction, dedicated Hi6402 audio chip
- supports USB Type C, Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, 3.5mm audio jack, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi,
- 145.5 x71.0 x 7.45 mm | 153g
- 3000 mAh battery (fast charging)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow + EMUI 4.1
- Available in black, gold, sapphire blue and white