Mi Mix 2s officially announced with OIS + AI on both 12MP + 12MP dual rear cameras, various bokeh effects and more for ~RM2037
The metal framed and ceramic backed Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s got officially announced today for 3299 CNY (~RM2037) with 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, 3599 CNY (~RM2223) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version and 3999 CNY (~RM2470) for the 8GB RAM + 256GB storage version (which also comes with a free wireless charger).
New stand-out features for the Mi Mix 2s include 12MP (f/1.8, Sony IMX363, wide angle) + 12MP (F/2.4, Samsung S5K3M3, telephoto) dual rear cameras with 4-axis OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) along with dynamic bokeh, lighting and an intriguing looking swirl-like blurry background bokeh effect. In addition, DxOMark have already given it a score of 97 with 101 in photo taking.
Camera samples from the Mi Mix 2s
Low-light camera sample from Mi Mix 2s
Here are the Mi Mix 2s tech specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage
- 5.99-inch display (18:9 aspect ratio, FullHD+, 2.5D curved glass)
- 12MP (f/1.8, Sony IMX363, wide angle) + 12MP (F/2.4, Samsung S5K3M3, telephoto) dual rear cameras (4-axis OIS, Dual Pixel Autofocus, hardware-level multi-frame noise reduction, AI dual camera : detects 206 scenes from 25 categories, dynamic bokeh, 6 customizable parameters, AI powered portrait and portrait selfies) + 5MP front camera (f/2.0)
- features face unlock, ARCore compatibility, multi-functional NFC, 43 global bands, XiaoAI virtual assistant,
- supports dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, dual-vand Wi-Fi 802.11ac (new X20 LTE modem), USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- 3400 mAh battery (Qi wireless charging, Quick Charge 3)
- Android 8.0 + MIUI 9.5
No Malaysia release dates just yet but with the Mi Mix 2 already here, the Mi Mix 2s could be on its way as China will be getting it in April 2018. As an extra "one more thing" Xiaomi also announced their new Mi Gaming Laptop 15.6" and a Mi AI speaker mini.