Razer Phone 2 officially announced from ~RM3327, 5.72-inch 16:9 120Hz HDR display with more consumer focus
The Razer Phone 2 has officially been announced from $799.99 (~RM3327) today featuring a more traditional 5.72-inch 16:9 aspect ratio 120Hz HDR display with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution. Covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 5 it has anti-fingerprint protection and UltraMotion technology. Other notable tech specs and features include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with Vapor Chamber Cooling system, 8GB RAM, 64GB storage + up to 1TB microSD and Dolby Atmos + 24-bit USB-C DAC dual Front-facing stereo speakers.
Maintaining that angular rectangular box look with rounded corners that the original Razer Phone sported, the Razer Phone 2 also features IP67 water resistance, a Razer Chroma RGB logo (that lights up), 12MP OIS f/1.75 lens + 12MP telephoto f/2.6 lens dual PDAF rear cameras and an 8MP f/2.0 lens front camera. There’s also wireless charging complete with a stand for the 4000 mAh battery, but there’s no sign of any game controller add-on or other gaming related accessory.
While the Razer Phone 2 will likely still be able to offer blazing fast gaming (like most other Snapdragon 845 phones) we can’t help but think that it focuses more on the consumer-level performance user. The lack of gaming peripherals seems to confirm this change of focus as for the first time, Razer commented on the performance of the phone’s cameras, complete with sample photos on the Razer site. There seems to be a side mounted fingerprint sensor in the home button but no mention of face unlock or anything like that.
Here’s the Razer Phone 2 tech specs and features in a list:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 8GB RAM
- 64GB storage + up to 1TB microSD
- 5.72-inch IGZO LCD (1440 x 2560, 16:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Anti-fingerprint)
- 12MP OIS f/1.75 lens + 12MP telephoto f/2.6 lens dual PDAF rear cameras (Dual tone, dual LED flash, up to 4K video recording) | 8MP f/2.0 lens front camera
- features Vapor Chamber Cooling, dual front speakers (dual amplifiers, Dolby Atmos 5.1) 24-bit USB-C DAC, Razer Chroma RGB logo, IP67 water resistance up to 1 meter
- supports 1 SIM + microSD, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wifi, dual-band(MIMO) 2x2 antennas, Bluetooth 5.0
- 158.5 x 78.99 x 8.5mm
- 4000 mAh battery (Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+, wireless charging)
- Android 8.1
The 64GB storage version has a mirror back while the 128GB version (coming later for $899.99 [~RM3743]) has a rugged satin finish. No Malaysia release dates or pricing details yet, but we expect it to make its way here via third-party sellers like DirectD or from Shopee and Lazada. Stay tuned to TechNave.com for the latest tech news.