Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) spotted in SIRIM, confirms NFC connection
Phone model for illustration purpose only
So here’s a news flash, Samsung’s upcoming mid-range phone - the Galaxy J5 (2017) edition has been spotted in SIRIM so you can pretty much bet that the rest of the Galaxy J series (2017) will be coming soon too. But first, let’s have a recap of what the Galaxy J5 (2017) will feature:
- 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage (expandable memory unknown)
- 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display in 720p
- 13MP main camera (f/1.7) / 13MP front camera (f/1.9)
- Features fingerprint sensor
- Supports LTE, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth connectivity
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3000 mAh battery
Comparing with its predecessor, there is actually very little changes. Only the processor has changed from a Snapdragon to an Exynos clocking in at 1.6GHz. The front camera is now 13MP which is nice, the fingerprint sensor is and NFC connectivity (for Samsung Pay) is available too. However, the battery has dropped 100mAh and we don’t really see the reason why. Maybe we will find out more when it officially launches in Malaysia.
How much do you think it will cost? It could cost the same RM999 again more or less. Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned for more Samsung news at TechNave.com.