Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and Classic version officially coming to Malaysia on 8 December for RM1399
The Samsung Gear S3 Classic (left) and Gear S3 Frontier (right)
As reported in our previous article about the Samsung Gear S3, Samsung Malaysia Electronics has just announced the wearable will go on sale starting 8 December 2016 at all Samsung SES Stores and authorised dealers nationwide, both the Gear S3 Frontier and Classic version will have the same price tag at RM1399. Below is the official tech-specs for the wearables:
Frontier (left), Classic (right)
- 1.3-inch Circular Super AMOLED with 360 x 360, 278 ppi, Full Color Always On Watch, Corning Gorilla Glass SR+
- Dual core 1.0 GHz
- Tizen Based Wearable Platform 2.3.1
- Measures 46 x 49 x 12.9, 22mm for band,weighs 63g (frontier) and 59g (classic) without band
- 4GB Internal memory
- 768MB RAM
- Supports 3G, Bluetooth® 4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, MST, GPS/Glonass connectivity
- Sensor - Accelerometer, Gyro, Barometer, HRM, Ambient light
- 380mAh (4-day battery life)
- Features Wireless charging (WPC Inductive) and IP68 water & dust resistance
The Frontier model has a more rugged outdoor look with durable materials that fuse form and function, made for extreme outdoor activities, while the the Gear S3 Classic pays homage to the minimalist, elegant styles embodied by traditional timepieces.
Consumers can customize the watch face and switch the changeable 22mm watch band to fit their personal style. It also supports Always On Watch so the watch face always shows the time instead of automatically fading to black.
What's more, to celebrate the official launch of the Gear S3 in Malaysia, Samsung is offering two (2) additional watch straps in different colours* and a limited edition watch collector box* with every purchase of the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic. This exclusive deal is also valid for purchases from Samsung online store on Lazada and 11street.
Stay tuned for more Samsung news at Technave.com.
*Limited units available, while stocks last only.