Sony Mobile announces world's first 3D Creator Xperia XZ1, along with Xperia XA1 Plus from RM1499
Today, the recently announced Sony Xperia XA1 Plus and Xperia XZ1 have made their appearance in Malaysia for a price tag of RM1499 and RM2999 respectively, and the XZ1 will arrive at the end of September while the XA1 Plus will only come in October. The Xperia XZ1 is the world's first smartphone that has the special 3D Creator app, which allows the user to have a whole new communication experience of 3D scans and share with their friends and family.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB UFS storage (expendable memory up to 256GB)
- 148 X 73 X 7.4mm, weighs 156g
- 5.2-inch FHD HDR TRILUMINOS display
- 19MP MotionEye camera (f/2.0) | 13MP Exmor R front camera (f/2.0)
- Features 960fps slomo video, IP68 water resistance, Qnovo Adaptive Charging, HiRes Audio, fingerprint sensor, dual nano SIM, USB Type-C
- Supports LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, WiFi
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 2700 mAh battery
Xperia XA1 Plus
- Mediatek Helio P20
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB eMMc storage (expendable memory up to 256GB)
- 155 X 75 X 8.7mm, weighs 190g
- 5.5-inch FHD display
- 23MP Exmor RS camera (f/2.0) | 8MP Exmor R front camera (f/2.0)
- Features Qnovo Adaptive Charging, HiRes Audio, fingerprint sensor, dual nano SIM, USB Type-C
- Supports LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, WiFi
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3430 mAh battery
The two models are not much that of a difference from their predecessors in both design and specifications, with just a few minor upgrades such as having a Snapdragon 835 and Super SlowMo on the Xperia XZ1, a bigger display for the XZ1 Plus and so on.
Not much changes there
Same o' design
This side too
So as the bottom and top (with headphone jack)
However, the highlight feature is the 3D Creator app on the new flagship that utilizes the Motion Eye camera technology, giving it the capability the scan faces, head, food and objects (free form scan).
The 3D Creator options
3D avatar looks fun
Users can have fun with these 3D stickers and upload them to 3D communities such as Sketchfab, or bring them to life as avatars with the camera's AR effect options, third party apps or as a live wallpaper. It can even be printed on a 3D printer, keeping it as memorable household items.
AR effects in the real world
Testing out the 3D Creator app!
After a successful scan, a digital sculptor is needed
End result of face scanning lol
Free form scanning, not bad
Food scan, quite detailed
Unfortunately, there is no information about the pre-order as only the shipping dates were announced. Customers can still get a free transparent case and nano screen protector when they purchase either one of the smartphones. Until then, we will keep an eye on the sales so stay tuned for more Sony Mobiles news at TechNave.com.