In just within a few hours after the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro made its global launch outside of the China market, Xiaomi Malaysia has also just made an official statement of the local price for the Mi 8 Pro and the Mi 8 Lite which will appear at the new Mi Store grand opening in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur. The Mi 8 Pro will be on sale for RM2399 and the latter will come in two variants - RM999 (4GB + 64GB) and RM1299 (6GB + 128GB).
Moreover, the Mi 8 Lite 4GB + 64GB will go on sale online first at Shopee Mi Official Store on 10 November 2018, as well as appearing in Lazada Malaysia but only on the next day (11 November 2018). As for the 6GB + 128GB model, it will be available exclusively at every authorised Mi Stores around Malaysia in Aurora Blue and Midnight Black. And just like the London release, the Mi 8 Pro will come in its cool Transparent Titanium with an 8GB + 128GB setup.
We have already talked about the Mi 8 Pro earlier from the London event, so you can check out the full tech specs and feature over here. As for the Mi 8 Lite, this is a more selfie-focused smartphone for the masses carrying a 24MP front camera with AI Makeup to edit your facial features, while the dual rear camera setup is using a 12MP + 5MP combo sensor. It seems that the Dual Pixel AutoFocus and AI Scene Detection are also part of it. The LCD display is slightly bigger as well, measuring at 6.26-inch in FHD+ resolution and packs a Snapdragon 660 AIE processor along with a bigger battery pack at 3350mAh. Below is the official tech specs list:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE processor, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB and 6GB of RAM
- 64GB and 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- 6.26-inch LCD display (1080p, Corning Gorilla Glass 5)
- 12MP (f/1.9, dual pixel autofocus) + 5MP dual rear camera, 24MP (f/2.2) front camera
- Feature Fingerprint Sensor (rear), Face Unlock, Quick Charge 3.0, AI Beautify, AI Studio Lighting, AI Scene Detection, hybrid dual SIM tray
- Support 4G+ LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C connectivity
- MIUI 9.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3000mAh battery
Just so you don't forget, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro and Mi 8 Lite will make an appearance at the new Mi Store grand opening launch in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur on 10 November 2018. Stay tuned for more Xiaomi news at TechNave.com.