Not so impressed by the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 or Mi VR? Well, Xiaomi continued to push boundaries with their fully ceramic Mi MIX concept smartphone utilizing a single block of ceramic and edge-to-edge display. Designed in collaboration with designer Philipe Starck, the front camera has been moved to the bottom and a number of sensors have been updated to work with the new fully ceramic build.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX offers a unique 6.4-inch edgeless display with full ceramic body for still fairly affordable prices
Featuring seamless connectors, the Mi MIX does not use glues, plastics or other adhesives and even the buttons are made from ceramic. Obviously designed for the premium crowd there is also an 18K version with 18K gold rims around the camera and fingerprint sensor complete with a leather casing.
Imagine that, a phone with no glue or plastic?
The Mi MIX will be priced from 3499 CNY (RM2151) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version while the Mi MIX 18K will go for 3999 CNY (RM2458) for 6GB RAM + 256GB storage. They are available for pre-order in China but will be officially available starting from November 2016. Again, no Malaysia release dates but even if they retain these prices when they come over to Malaysia, we expect quite a lot of competition with the other RM3K priced smartphones.
Want to go a step further for that premium look?
Here are the available tech specs for the Mi MIX:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage
- 6.4-inch edgeless display (91.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- 16MP rear camera (phase detection autofocus) + 5MP front camera
- supports WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, NFC (fully ready for wireless payment), dual SIM 4G LTE (37 global LTE bands)
- features Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, ultrasonic proximity sensor, AQSTIC HiFi audio processor, fingerprint sensor, active noise cancellation mic
- 4400 mAh battery (non-removable, quick charge)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow + MIUI 8
Get a premium leather casing to go with the ceramic Mi MIX