In this latest update, iOS 16.4 is now available to download for every iPhone user. There are some new features, so check out the list below for more details.
Among the new features, there are a couple of bug fixes such as fixing the "Ask to Buy" requests from children which fail to appear on the parent's device, as well as the Matter-compatible thermostats being unresponsive. Also, Apple has improved and optimised Crash Detection further for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.
Anyway, the iOS 16.4 update list is a bit long. Below is the list of updates that you can get:
- Twenty-one new emoji, including animals, hand gestures, and objects, are now available on the emoji keyboard
- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
- Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
- Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Besides those, there are some new 5G updates that aren't mentioned in the list. Sources also say it includes 5G Standalone support, new 5G connectivity for other countries (such as unifi, Yoodo and Yes 5G), and the Apple HomeKit reintroduction. As usual, you can get the new software update from Settings -> General -> Software Update.