News & Reviews: Ministry of Communications and Multimedia
Jan 22, 2023
The Minister of Communications and Digital (KKD), Fahmi Fadzil has revealed that a whopping 1.8 billion scam calls have been blocked by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) from 2017 to 2022. Furthermore, a total of 300 million scam messages via SMS were also blocked since 2018.
Nov 15, 2022
The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) has revealed that over 220,000 or up to 60 per cent of tablets under the PerantiSiswa Keluarga Malaysia programme have been distributed to students nationwide. Overall, K-KOMM has received 470,000 applications and approximately 350,000 have been approved.
Nov 14, 2022
The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) has announced that students who have had their applications for the PerantiSiswa Keluarga Malaysia programme rejected can appeal the decision in writing or meet directly with local leaders. Its caretaker minister, Tan Sri Annuar Musa said that the students can meet with local leaders for endorsement because there are several factors that K-KOMM can consider if they do not qualify.
Oct 31, 2022
Caretaker Minister of Communications and Multimedia Tan Sri Annuar Musa has announced that Kelantan will enjoy faster internet speed services and 5G network access as early as next year. He also revealed that priority was being given based on several development prospects that are in the implementation stage in the state.
Oct 04, 2022
The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) has revealed that 4G broadband coverage in the populated areas of Sarawak has increased to 82.84 per cent in the second quarter of 2022. In comparison, prior to the implementation of the National Digital Network (JENDELA) Plan Phase 1 (2020-2022), the coverage was at 73.67 per cent.
Sep 29, 2022
Malaysia and China have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on digital telecommunications cooperation in relation to 5G, digital economy and cyber security. Inked yesterday at the International Telecommunication Union Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 in Romania, the MoU will also explore potential partnerships in other aspects of digital technology.
Sep 19, 2022
The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) has revealed that it has received over 300,000 applications for the PerantiSiswa Keluarga Malaysia programme across its first and second phases. Furthermore, distribution for the PerantiSiswa tablets under the programme is currently being actively arranged.
Sep 12, 2022
The Minister of Communications and Multimedia Tan Sri Annuar Musa has revealed that 60 per cent out of nearly 100,000 applications for the first phase of the PerantiSiswa Keluarga Malaysia programme have been approved by his ministry. As for the remaining 40 per cent, they will be further reviewed, including appeal cases to ensure that only those eligible will receive the aid.
Sep 07, 2022
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob recently commented regarding the federal government’s digitalisation agenda for our country and how 5G connectivity will play a huge role in the matter. Accordingly, he announced that as of right now, the 5G network coverage in Malaysia has now reached 30% in populated areas.
K-KOMM: Gov't to introduce offensive, defensive and advocacy measures to tackle cyber security issuesSep 02, 2022
The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia (K-KOMM) has announced that the government will be taking the offensive, defensive and advocacy measures to tackle the cyber security issues plaguing our country. Its Minister, Tan Sri Annuar Musa further revealed that K-KOMM will also look at the technologies available in other countries to curb cyber crimes.