Mobile Phones: Motorola X
News & Reviews: Motorola X
Last Updated: May 30, 2013
As a company in the smartphone business, Motorola was responsible for quite a few world's firsts in the phone and smartphone industry. So when it got bought by Google, many were expecting great things. We just didn't expect it would take this long. Finally, Dennis Woodside, Motorola CEO has come out and confirmed a couple of things which include:
- The Motorola X phone is real, it will be known as Moto X, be very contextually aware, broadly distributed and made in the US (and probably coming in Q3 of 2013).
- Motorola will be relaunching their product line from now until October.
- The new product line will focus more on quality than quantity.
Last Updated: May 08, 2013
When Google bought up Motorola, many people were wondering if that was just the end of Motorola's smartphone lineup. After a while it certainly seemed so, but hope has not yet died out completely as many tech watchers have noted that a Google Motorola X phone could be on the horizon. This hope became just a little more solid as leaks about a mysterious smartphone bearing not only a Motorola logo but also having a model number denoting 'XFON' on the back have appeared.
Last Updated: Mar 26, 2013
Adding new Motorola X Phone rumours to the fire is a render of a new Motorola Android smartphone. According to the specs that came along with it, this may just be how the long-awaited Motorola X Phone from Google may look like. If this really is the case, the phone may surface or be announced at the Google I/O on May 15. The specs for the phone include:
- Snapdragon 800 chipset
- 4.7" (1280 x 768 pixel resolution)
- 4000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- IP57 (water resistant 1meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Gorilla Glass 3 screen
- no MicroSD card slot