ASUS launches 4 new laptops powered by AMD in Malaysia starting from RM2199
Adding some spice into the mix is ASUS who has just unveiled 2 new ROG gaming laptops and an ASUS laptop. The spice that I’m mentioning here is the fact that all 3 of these laptops is powered by AMD Ryzen CPUs which is a breath of fresh air after seeing so many models with Intel Core chips. The ROG Zephyrus G GA502 price is at RM4999, the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 price starts at RM2899 whereas the ASUS VivoBook Ultra A412 price starts at RM2199.
Let’s start off with the ROG Zephyrus G GA502. As a gaming laptop, I’m not surprised it delivers some pretty powerful tech specs, namely the AMD® Ryzen™ 7 3750H. It also features an extremely sleek and portable design, weighing at only 2.1KG and measuring at 20mm in thinness and a 15 inch display fit into a 14 inch chasis with 6.2mm bezels.
It also comes with up to 7 hours battery life, twin front firing speakers powered by Smart Amp and a self cleaning thermal module with dedicated heat pipes to keep your laptop cool. There's also a white backlit keyboard with dedicated keys placed conveniently to allow players to easily access keys when needed, an array of ports for connectivity and more. You can start getting the device in early July with the price tag starting from RM4999. Here’s the full tech specs for the device:
- Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Pro
- AMD Ryzen 7-3750H Processor 2.3GHz (6M cache, up to 4.0GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660Ti MAX-Q
- D8GB DDR4 2666Mhz
- PCIe NVMe 512GB M.2 SSD (Extra SATA Slot: 1)
- 15.6" FHD//IPS Panel//120hz//25ms//Anti-glare
- White backlit chicklet keyboard
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with DisplayPort™ 1.4, 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 1 x 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo jack, 1 x Kensington lock, 1 x RJ-45 jack
- 180W power adaptor
- 802.11ac 2x2 Wave 2 WLAN + Bluetooth 5.0
- Price starts from RM4999
Next up is the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD/DT/DU. The FX505DD/DT/DU features 6.5mm bezels to complement their 120Hz displays, up to 6 hours of battery life, Turing Shaders and more. What makes this laptop interesting is its affordability and durability. The device goes on sale next month with price starting from RM2899. Here’s the full tech specs and prices for the devices:
If you’re not looking for a gaming laptop, ASUS also have their ASUS Vivobook Ultra A412. It features a 14 inch display, 87% screen to body ratio thanks to its 5.7mm slim bezels, 178° wide viewing angle and weighs only 1.5KG. Also, it comes with the ErgoLift Hinge, similar to the ASUS ZenBook 13 but with 2° keyboard tilt for improved typing. For security, this device comes with a fingerprint reader and for connectivity, an array of ports. It charges pretty fast for a laptop as well, able to to charge up to 60% in just 49 minutes. Sonic Master powers this laptop’s speakers as well for some seriously nice audio. This laptop goes on sale on the 23rd of May at RM2199.
Here’s the full tech specs for this laptop:
- Windows 10 Home
- AMD Ryzen 5-3500U Processor
- AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 8 Graphics
- DDR4 2400MHz 4GB on board
- 14.0' // Ultra Slim 200nits // FHD 1920x1080 16:9 // Anti-Glare // NTSC: 45%
- 256GB SSD, Additional 1x slot for 2.5” HDD / SSD
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® 4.2
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (USB-C™), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Audio jack combo, 1 x Micro SD Card reader
The ASUS ZenBook FlipBook 14 was also unveiled during the event for those of you who are interested in laptops that doubles as tablets which only weighs a mere 1.4KG. With slim bezels and a 90% screen to body ratio, this powerful laptop also provides portability, perfect for those who are always on-the-go. 2 new features have been introduced into this device. First would be the front facing camera which can be used for mixed-reality applications. A numberpad has also been introduced onto the device, giving users more than what most compact laptops can offer. This device will be coming to Malaysia soon.
- AMD Quad Core R5-3500U Processor, 2.0 GHz (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- 14.0'//300nits//FHD 1920x1080 16:9//Glare//NTSC: 72%//Touch//Wide View
- 8GB on board (DDR4 2400MHz)
- PCIEG3x2 NVME 256G M.2 SSD
- IGPU AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
- 802.11ac+Bluetooth 4.2 (Dual band) 2*2
- 1x USB 2.0 // 1x USB3.1 Type A (Gen1) // 1x USB3.1 Type C (Gen 1)
1x Headphone-out & Audio-in Combo Jack // 1x HDMI // 1x USB3.1-Type C(Gen1)
If you’re interested in getting any of these laptops, you can check out any official ASUS and ROG authorized sellers in Malaysia. Shopee has an exclusive offer for the laptops on their site as well. Which laptop will you choose? Keep up with the latest ASUS and ASUS ROG releases in Malaysia on TechNave.com!