Huawei Mate 8 global launch a sign of it coming to Malaysia soon?
Huawei recently announced the global launch of the Huawei Mate 8 globally at CES 2016. Featuring tech specs that include the latest Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor, the Mate 8 ups the ante from its previous devices (Huawei Nexus 6P and Huawei Mate S) by also including a 6-inch display, 16MP rear camera with OIS (optical image stabilization) and phase detection autofocus with a 4000 mAh battery. You can see the full tech spec comparison with our comparison tool but it looks like with the global launch the Mate 8 could soon be coming to Malaysia (further supported by a poster from Huawei Device APAC of the Mate 8).
No Malaysia release dates or pricing details but the Mate 8 is currently going from 599 euros (RM2831) for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage version and 699 euros (RM3303) for the 4GB RAM / 64GB storage version. At its initial launch the three variants costs were the 3GB + 32 GB model for CNY 2999 (RM1985.09), 4GB + 64GB for CNY 3699 (RM2448.43) and 4GB + 128GB for CNY 4399 (RM2911.78).
- Huawei Kirin 950, quad Cortex A72 cores (2.3GHz) and quad Cortex A53 cores (1.8GHz)
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB storage (microSD card uses SIM slot 2)
- 6-inch screen with FHD 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Sony IMX298 16MP main camera (OIS, Dual tone LED flash) and 8MP selfie snapper
- offers Dual-SIM slots, VoLTE, 4G LTE support and NFC
- features Super Hands-free 3.0, Fingerprint sensor, Knuckle Touch 2.0, Split Screen multi-tasking
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 4000 mAh battery