After a global launch last month it looks like the Huawei Mate 8 will be officially coming to Malaysia on 8 March 2012. The 6-inch phablet sports the latest Huawei Kirin 950 processor and a 16MP rear camera with optical image stabilization but there is still no news whether we'll be getting the version with 3GB RAM or 4GB RAM.
No pricing details yet but the Mate 8 is currently going from 599 euros (RM2831) for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage version and 699 euros (RM3303) for the 4GB RAM / 64GB storage version. At its initial launch the three variants costs were the 3GB + 32 GB model for CNY 2999 (RM1985.09), 4GB + 64GB for CNY 3699 (RM2448.43) and 4GB + 128GB for CNY 4399 (RM2911.78).
Here are the Huawei Mate 8 tech specs:
- Huawei Kirin 950, quad Cortex A72 cores (2.3GHz) and quad Cortex A53 cores (1.8GHz)
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB storage (microSD card uses SIM slot 2)
- 6-inch screen with FHD 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Sony IMX298 16MP main camera (OIS, Dual tone LED flash) and 8MP selfie snapper
- supports Dual-SIM slots, VoLTE, 4G LTE support and NFC
- features Super Hands-free 3.0, Fingerprint sensor, Knuckle Touch 2.0, Split Screen multi-tasking
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 4000 mAh battery