Today, OPPO Malaysia has finally unveiled the much teased OPPO F9. Available in all three colours with unique diamond-cut back design - Starry Purple, Twilight Blue and Sunrise Red for RM1399. The device is available for pre-order at all OPPO concept stores, online store such as Lazada, Shopee and 11street, as well as Celcom Blue Cube, Senheng and senQ. The device will be available for shipment and collection starting 30 August 2018.
With the rather intriguing Waterdrop notch design, the OPPO F9 has managed to achieve a screen-to-body ratio of 90.8%. As a mid-range device that focuses on camera, it has a total of 16 scene recognitions so on paper, you should be able to take a lot of nice photos including the sunset, animals, plants, food, night and various others. Of course, the front camera has the AI capability for face beauty and has the HDR feature to help eliminate the backlight.
Check out these diamond cut design, cooler than it looks online
A closer look at the top from the front and back
The Sunrise Red has some purple reflection at the bottom
Gotta admit, the Waterdrop notch design actually looks presentable
Here's how the side looks like
The fact that it can use VOOC Fast Charge technology with the microUSB 2.0 port is quite impressive
AI Scene Recognition modes
OPPO F9 VOOC 5-Layer protection
By the way, just to clear up the confusion. There is a 4GB model in other countries such as India, which is called the F9 and the F9 Pro has the 6GB. We will only be getting the 6GB model but for marketing reasons, it's promptly called F9 instead of the F9 Pro. Got it? Good. Below is the official tech-specs for Malaysia:
- MediaTek Helio P60 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage (expandable memory available up to 256GB)
- Measures 156.7 x 74 x 7.99mm, weighs 169g
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ display (2340 x 1080 resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio)
- 16MP (f/1.8) + 2MP (f/2.4) dual rear camera, 25MP (f/2.0) front camera
- Features Fingerprint Scanner, VOOC Flash Charge, Google Lens, Music On Display, Music Party, dual-SIM support, Triple-card slot
- Supports 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB, USB OTG, microUSB connectivity
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3500mAh battery
Stay tuned for more OPPO news at TechNave.com.