Qualcomm introduces Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 & 7c+ Gen 3 for next-gen mobile gaming
Shortly after announcing the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 mobile platform, Qualcomm also unveiled another new technology called the Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform for Android, Windows PC and Chromebook ecosystem. As the name suggests, it's a new platform for gamers but with a twist - it allows you to run all Android games, play content from cloud gaming libraries, stream games from your home console or PC and enjoy entertainment from your favourite Android apps.
The Snapdragon G3x is the next-gen gaming that will support Android games to run at 144 frames per second and 10-bit HDR quality alongside the Qualcomm Adreno GPU. Powered together with the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity featuring WiFi 6 and 6E, its 5G mmWave and sub-6 connecting can provide cloud gaming while streaming the most bandwidth-intensive games from services like Xbox Cloud Gaming or Steam Remote Play.
Other than that, Qualcomm also listed other key features on the Snapdragon G3x such as:
- Snapdragon Sound technology is optimised for quality, latency, and robustness for better awareness while gaming
- AKSys support to provide controller mapping technology to enable the use of the built-in controllers across a wide array of games
- To support multi-screen, augmented experience via USB-C to a Snapdragon G3x powered device
- Allows for a device to act as a companion controller to a 4K display television
On the other hand, Qualcomm also announced its partnership with Razer to build the first Snapdragon G3x Handheld Gaming Developer Kit. Available exclusively for developers starting today, developers can take utilise:
- Display: 6.65-inch OLED display with Full HD+ resolution and 10-bit HDR: Operating at up to 120hz, the OLED dazzles with over a billion shades of colours
- Performance: Provides sustained performance enabling long-lasting gameplay on the most demanding titles.
- Streaming Tool: A 5MP/1080p60 webcam with two mics that players can use to capture themselves playing and stream games to their audiences as a broadcasting tool
- Connectivity: 5G mmWave and sub-6 and Wi-Fi 6E for the fastest connectivity for low latency, uploads and downloads, and the most reliable connection
- Ergonomics: Well balanced and easy to grip controls, for comfortable gameplay over an extended period. The developer kit also has built-in controller mapping from AKSys as aforementioned
- Snapdragon Sound: On-device 4-way speakers provide audio and when paired with Snapdragon Sound enabled earbuds to experience lag-free wireless audio
Finally, there's also a new Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 compute platform for entry-tier PC and Chromebook devices. It's quite similar to the Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 but at a lesser level. Devices powered by Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 and Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 are expected to launch in 1H22. To learn more, you can visit the Snapdragon Tech Summit 2021 web portal right over here. Stay tuned for more trending tech news at TechNave.com.