Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 go value-added from ~RM461, features Infinity-V displays, 5000 mAh battery and more
After teasing them and doing a hands-on preview, Samsung India officially revealed the Samsung Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 with Infinity-V (waterdrop notch) displays. Priced from 7990 INR (~RM461) for the 2GB RAM + 16GB storage Galaxy M10 and 8990 INR (~RM519) for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage version, the Galaxy M20 goes for 10990 INR (~RM635) for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage version while the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version goes for 12990 INR (~RM751). No Malaysia release dates or Malaysia pricing details yet, but they could hit Malaysia's value market in the coming months. For now, they'll be available in India from 5 February 2019.
Going for the entry-level market, the Galaxy M10 uses an Exynos 7870 chipset with 2GB RAM / 3GB RAM versions and 32GB of storage. While it has no fingerprint sensor it does have a 6.2-inch LCD HD+ (1520 x 720 pixel) with Infinity-V notch display, 13MP + 5MP (ultra-wide angle) dual rear cameras, a 5MP front camera and 3400 mAh battery. Highlights for us would be the storage, display and ultra-wide angle camera, but the M20 definitely has more to offer.
On that note, the Galaxy M20 offers an Exynos 7904 chipset, 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM variations and 64GB of storage. There's also a 6.3-inch FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Infinity-V display, 13MP+5MP (ultra wide-angle) dual rear camera, 8MP front camera with face unlock and 5000 mAh battery with 15W charger (included in the box). It also has a rear fingerprint sensor and hybrid dual SIM but with a below RM800 price tag the 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, wide-angle cameras, big battery and fast charger are definite highlights for the value market.
No sign or word of the previously rumoured Galaxy M30 (or its triple rear cameras), but check out the tech specs list of the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 below:
- Samsung Galaxy M10
- Samsung Exynos 7870 chipset
- 2GB RAM / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB storage + up to 512GB microSD
- 6.2-inch LCD HD+ (90% screen ratio,1520 x 720 pixel) with Infinity-V notch display
- 13MP (F1.9, Live Focus) + 5MP (ultra-wide angle) dual rear cameras | 5MP (F2.0) front camera
- Features Widevine L1 HD streaming content certification, Face unlock
- 3400 mAh battery
- Available in blue and black
- Samsung Galaxy M20
- 14nm Samsung Exynos 7904 chipset (1.8GHz dual-core + 1.6Ghz hexa-core | Mali-G71 MP2)
- 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB storage + up to 512GB microSD
- 6.3-inch FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Infinity-V display
- 13MP (F1.9+ Live Focus) + 5MP (ultra wide-angle) dual rear camera | 8MP (F2.0) front camera with face unlock
- features rear fingerprint sensor, hybrid dual SIM, Dolby Atmos 360 surround sound, Widevine L1 certification for HD streaming content
- 5000 mAh battery (3X fast charge, 15W charger included)
- Available in blue and black
With these prices and features, we feel the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 would definitely shake up the Malaysian market and give the usual value kings a run for their money. Seeing these features and prices, would you get the Galaxy M10 or Galaxy M20 if they arrive here in Malaysia? Let us know on our Facebook Page, who knows, Samsung Malaysia might be watching. In the meantime, stay tuned to TechNave.com