Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is now official
After being teased online, the rugged version of the Samsung Galaxy S7 series is now on sale...in the US by AT&T. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is in essence the Samsung Galaxy S7, with a tough exterior that can withstand the elements without any complaints.
The phone shares many similar specs with the older brother, but with a bigger battery inside:
- Display: 5.1-inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) AMOLED
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (MSM8996), quad-core: 2 at 2.15 GHz and 2 at 1.6 GHz
- Memory & storage: 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, support for microSD up to 200GB
- Cameras: Rear – 12MP Dual-Pixel with LED Flash, AF, F/1.7; Front – 5MP with Selfie-flash, F/1.7
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Adaptive Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
As for its ruggedness, it is IP68 certified, and comes with a shatter resistant screen to minimise any chance of the front glass breaking into a million pieces once it falls to the ground. And yes, it is the first Active smartphone with a built-in fingerprint scanner.
For now the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is exclusive for AT&T in the United States but Samsung nay just bring the phone to other market once there is sufficient interest in the rugged phone.