After the preview with Maybank and Samsung Pay, Samsung Malaysia Electronics has officially launched their contactless electronic wallet Samsung Pay for more Samsung phones (Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy A7 2016, Galaxy A5 2016, Galaxy A5 2017 and Galaxy A7 2017) and more supported banks. While Maybank is still the only bank that supports debit and prepaid cards, CIMB, Citibank and Standard Chartered credit cards are now supported on Samsung Pay. Hong Leong bank is expected to join the pack shortly with other banks set to join up eventually.
Check out what went on at the launch!
Apart from banks, Samsung Pay will also support loyalty cards as well and so far this includes B Infinite, Bonuslink and Sunway Pals. In the meantime, Samsung Malaysia Electronics launched the event roadshow at KLCC Centre Court until 28 February 2017 with a number of promotions including:
- Citibank – Even though the Samsung Pay roadshow is only for 4 days, Citibank will be there for a month from the roadshow until 25March 2017, giving away one (1) Gear S3 and 25 Sakae Sushi e-vouchers worth RM20 daily to the highest number of transactions using Samsung Pay daily.
- Maybank – For Maybank, they are giving away as many as 50 units of the latest Samsung Galaxy S series smartphone to the highest Maybank card spender using Samsung Pay. From the roadshow until 31May 2017, a minimum transaction of RM50 entitles the spender to an entry, while a cumulative spend of RM1000 gets the spender an extra 100 bonus entries for better changes at winning the latest Samsung Galaxy S series smartphone. Additionally, Maybank cardholders can enjoy an RM10 off next purchase voucher with a minimum spend of RM30 for purchases at Watson’s at the roadshow.
- Standard Chartered– Next, Standard Chartered cardholders get to enjoy 20% cashback for payments made with Standard Chartered Bank cards on Samsung Pay. Just be sure to link your Standard Chartered credit cards to your Samsung device to receive up to RM100 of cashback per customer. As for merchant promotions, Standard Chartered cardholders can enjoy 30% discount for selected items at GNC during the Samsung Pay roadshow!
- RM5 and more sweet deals from merchants such as TheCoffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Sticky, Juice Works and Stadium!
- A chance to be the first 100 Samsung Pay users daily with three (3) transactions done within the same day worth a minimum of RM30 each and receive a Samsung Wireless Charger stand worth RM279. Rewards are even bigger for the highest Samsung Pay spender of the day as Samsung will be giving away one Galaxy S7 edge
For more information, visit www.samsung.com/my/samsungpay.