TM announced their network server is optimized and expanded for better Internet experience
As we journey on the Movement Control Order (MCO), we also have to endure the dropped bandwidth speed from our local Telcos and Internet providers due to the number of people staying at home hogging the servers. To address this, Anand Vijayan, Chief Commercial Officer, Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) has decided to reach out and gave his statement.
To make our Internet surfing experience better, Anand mentioned that TM has recently executed their network optimization and capacity expansion exercises. With this, the company is pleased to announce that the network congestion has been decreasing so that's great news. In addition to that, you may also remember the news about the slow Internet speed in gaming and streaming as well as the Asia Pacific Cable Network 2 (APCN2) cable fault, which they have fixed already.
Currently, the data connectivity to sites and servers hosted in Hong Kong and the US are now fully optimized for Malaysians. Should any problem occur, TM will fine-tune and proactively reroute traffic to minimize traffic congestion as much as possible with their international partners.
Since the MCO got extended (again) until 28 April 2020, the company's previous offer for the Rakyat to stay connected at all times will still proceed until the period is over. This includes:
- The 999GB FREE LTE hotspot pass
- unifi Mobile #BEBAS prepaid customers will continue to receive FREE seven (7)-day unlimited data pass
- unifi TV subscribers can stay entertained with FREE access to all channels on unifi TV, including premium channels and unifi PlayTV; and a 20% discount for all Video-on-Demand (VOD) titles in its HyppFlicks Plus category
- Business customers can continue to enjoy FREE unifi Mobile Biz LTE hotspot pass, FREE access to Digital Marketing Solutions (DMS) platform and 20% discount on productivity tools, as well as special financing support from unifi banking partners
- Pay bills by cash at 7-eleven, MyNews, Speedmart 99, KK Mart and Petronas outlets nationwide
- Other payment channels include TM Autopay and unifi.com.my, and mobile apps including myunifi, Boost and Touch n Go
- Perform online payments at any of your preferred banks using JomPay with the following TM biller codes: 8888 for unifi Home, 3608 for unifi Mobile and 2345 for Streamyx and voice
Customers who need increased bandwidth or assistance with their unifi services can request it on myunifi app or through unifi’s contact centre by dialling 100. For more information on available unifi Home plans, customers can visit unifi’s website at www.unifi.com.my/personal. Stay tuned for more local tech news at TechNave.com.