ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra ZU680KL first impressions hands-on
Coming in with an RM2599 price tag and 6.8-inch full HD display, the ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra ZU680KL is just 0.2-inches short of a full 7-inch tablet. Still, ASUS have done a very good job of shrinking the bezels so that it looks like a very large phone instead of a tablet phone. Featuring a flat and thin all metal design, the ZenFone 3 Ultra has "invisible antennas" or no visible antenna bands but is the only ZenFone 3 to put the fingerprint sensor in the home button (also the only one with a physical home button for that matter).
It is also the thinnest ZenFone 3 at just 6.8mm. It does pack in the same cameras and 4K/HDR video recording as the ZenFone 3 Deluxe along with a 4K TV processor but stops short at 4GB of RAM. It is the only ZenFone 3 to also pack in dual Five-magnet speakers and DTS Headphone X for virtual 7.1 surround sound.
Here are the ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra ZU680KL tech specs:
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage + up to 200GB microSD
- 6.8-inch display (Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Super AMOLED, Tru2:ife+ 4K TV processor, Corning Gorilla Glass 4)
- 23MP rear camera (0.03s Tri-Tech Autofocus [phase detection autofocus, laser autofocus, continous autofocus], 4-axis optical image stabilization, 3-axis EIS, PixelMaster 3.0, sapphire cover glass, 6P lens, Sony IMX 318 sensor, 4K video recording, DTI technology, 92MP super resolution, Dual LED flash, Colour Correction sensor) + 8MP front camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 85 degree wide view, HDR/lowlight selfie)
- Features rear volume controls, fingerprint sensor built into Home button, dual stereo speakers, 7.1 surround sound, Hi-Res Audio + DTS Headphone, 4G LTE Cat 13, USB Type-C 3.0 port, ASUS OptiFlex technology, dual 5-magnet speaker system, NXP Smart Amp volume boost
- 6.8mm thin
- 4600 mAh battery (Quick Charge 3.0, PowerBank Mode)
- Android M + ZenUI 3.0
- Available in titanium gray, glacier silver and rose pink