Today, it was announced by Design Awards that Samsung Electronics has won 49 iF Design Awards, including one Gold Award, at the world-renowned International Forum Design Awards 2017. Thirty-five of the awards were given for superior product design, four for professional concept design, seven for communication design, and three for packaging design.
The Gold award is for the ArtPC Pulse, a premium desktop computer with advanced expandable modules, it features a high-performance PC into a refined cylinder form and can expand its function with extended modules for HDD storage and a 360-degree speaker in a detachable rotary structure. The award-winning design of the ArtPC Pulse includes minimalist styling on its fully metal body as the buttons and port are all located at the rear of the product.
In addition to the Gold award, here are the other 34 other iF Design Awards in the product category:
- Galaxy S7 series, flagship smartphone designed with 3D forming glass technology to enhance grip
- Gear S3, smartwatch with an innovative round bezel and spinning UI
- Galaxy C9 Pro, 6.9mm thicknesssmartphone with full-metal unibody design, available in China and India
- SUHD TV KS9500, premium TV with beautiful 360 design, including a floating screen in the front and a delicate real metal line on the back
- RB38K7998S4, Smart Family Hub refrigerator features a 21.5” LCD touch screen allowing users to manage and see the food in the fridge without having to open the door
- Activewash series, touch controlslocated on the top back, it allows users to look inside the drum from a better viewing angle
The iF Design Awards is organized by the International Forum Design and it began in Germany in 1953. Product submissions are based on a comprehensive evaluation of design, material suitability, innovativeness and seven additional categories: Product, Packaging, Communication, Interior Architecture, Professional Concept, Service Design, and Architecture.
Stay tuned for more Samsung news at TechNave.com