Today, Samsung Malaysia Electronics has surprised us with the Samsung Galaxy Note FE! The revived phablet is now available in Malaysia for the price of RM2599, that's slightly half the price of the Galaxy Note 8. There won't be any limited stocks in Malaysia just like South Korea so no worries about that. Without further ado, below is the official tech-specs and hands-on pictures.
- Exynos 8890 chipset octa-core processor (2.3GHz + 1.6GHz quad-core)
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB UFS 2.0 internal storage (expandable storage available up to 200GB)
- Measures 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm, wighs 167g
- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED QHD display in 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 12MP Dual Pixel main camera (f/1.7, Optical Image Stabilisation) | 5MP front camera (f/1.7)
- Features S-Pen, Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Scanner, Hybrid dual SIM tray, IP68 water and dust resistant grade, wireless charging, USB Type-C
- Supports 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO 2 x 2, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3200 mAh battery
Compare with the ill-fated Note 7, both devices look more or less the same, same goes the to tech-specs except for the decreased battery level for safety measures. It also went through Samsung's new 8-point battery safety check protocol like the Note 8, so be rest assured that it won't explode in your face. The fingerprint scanner is also at the front home button, along with the iris scanner placed at the front camera, as well as a Bixby A.I. by swiping right at the home screen.
The back design, looks beautiful as expected but prone to fingerprint smudges
SIM card tray at located at the top, the Dual Pixel camera remains unchanged
The bottom remains the same as well
The combination of Coral Blue and gold at the side is breathtaking
The phablet will come in Black Onyx and Coral Blue all across Samsung Experience Stores, authorised dealers and selected channel partners. Will you be getting one? Stay tuned for more Samsung Malaysia news at TechNave.com.