The wait is over! Samsung Galaxy Fold ready for re-launch in September 2019
Earlier this year, Samsung had announced their first foldable smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Fold alongside their highly successful Samsung Galaxy S10 series. Ironically, the foldable smartphone was a huge fail after the company sent some review units out and found the devices to be fragile and malfunctioning.
The official launch of the device was pushed back and the company was mostly quiet since then except for the occasional announcements. Earlier today, the company had announced that the device is finally ready for a re-launch this September. They’ve done some tweaks to the device to make it better, such as:
- Extending the top protective layer of the display beyond the bezel and tucking in the sides, making it look like it is part of the device.
- Additional reinforcements to protect the device from particles
- Strengthened the top and bottom hinge area with protection caps
- More metal layers underneath the display to further protect the screen
- The gap between the hinge and body of the smartphone has been reduced
As for the software, Samsung has been working on improving the foldable UX by optimizing apps and services. Right now, the company is hard at work making sure the device passes its final tests. No other information such as the exact release date has been revealed but Samsung has mentioned that they will be sharing more news as the release date crawls closer. Who’s excited? Keep up with the latest Samsung news on TechNave.com!