Weekly TechNave: About Malaysian Apples, the Huawei P9, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and more
In our first weekly roundup this week at TechNave, Malaysia's Technology hub, the biggest event was quite obviously the launch of the Huawei P9 and P9 Plus where they confirmed their dual camera and LEICA partnership rumours spectacularly. In addition, the Huawei TalkBand B3 was also launched. Fans of Apple devices got an early suprise as the Apple iPhone SE got its official pricing from RM1949 while the Apple iPad Pro 9.7-inch was priced from RM2699.
The whole Maxis portout ruckus came to a close with a personal apology from Maxis CEO Morten along with news that ALL Malaysian MaxisONE plan customers will enjoy the same upgraded quotas next month. To help sweeten things up, every MaxisONE plan customer is also getting an extra 3GB of Internet for free next week. The new Maxis plans are coming next month so stay tuned.
Check out our video weekly roundup as well by Joshua, TechNave Reviewer extraordinaire
The TechNave Reviewers were quite busy this week too, as the review of the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge came out along with hands-on videos of the Huawei Mate 8, Sony FDR-AXP55 4K Handycam and more. Next week sees another busy week as Vivo comes to Malaysia with their Vivo V3 Max while Sony and Canon have a number of surprises as well so stay tuned for those.
Here are the stand-out events of last week in a list:
- The Huawei P9, P9 Plus and TalkBand B3 got officially launched.
- The Apple iPhone SE and iPad Pro 9.7-inch got their Malaysian pricing.
- Maxis Malaysia closes their Port-out ruckus with an apology and massively upgraded quotas for all their customers.
- Our review of the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge came out along with hands-on videos of the Huawei Mate 8, Sony FDR-AXP55 and more
For the full list of what went down last week, check it below:
Reviews - About the Huawei Mate 8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Sony FDR-AXP55 4K Handycam and Apple iPhone SE
- Huawei Mate 8 First Impression Hands-on!
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge review - The best smartphone (yet) right now
- Comparison: Huawei Mate 7 vs Huawei Mate 8, should you upgrade?
- Find out what else comes with the Huawei Mate 8 in this unboxing video
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge unboxing and cover casing video
- SONY FDR-AXP55 4K Handycam First Impression Hands-on !
- The Apple iPhone SE and its durability: How tough is it compared to the iPhone 6s?
- The LG G5 goes through bend, scratch, & burn torture tests
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge test reveals a 16 hours underwater record?
- The Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone SE and iPhone 6S take a dip in this video, which one survives?
News - The official launch of the Huawei P9, a close to the Maxis ruckus, some splashing good fun and more
- Rumours: WeBe 20GB data and voice plan from RM8/month or Unlimited everything plan for RM80/month
- Purchase Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 from only RM428 on Celcom FIRST plan
- Get U Data Roam plan from U Mobile for high-speed unlimited roaming data from RM10/day
- Aries Telecoms announcing 1Gbps INFINITY broadband package for RM5000/month
- The future looks bright as Huawei hits all the right notes with 36.9 billion CNY profit for 2015
- More HTC 10 teaser trailers reveal an ultrapixel selfie camera with OIS and awesome battery life?
- Samsung Malaysia did their own liquid test, took selfies underwater
- Microsoft Malaysia launches SQL Server 2016
- Digi completes East Malaysia leg of 4G LTE rollout for Twitter campaign
- Everything you need to know about the new MaxisONE Plan upgrade
- Official Meizu Pro 6 image and reveal date released by Meizu CEO
- Maxis CEO Morten speaks out over recent port-out ruckus, apologizes with better upgrades
- Rumours: Huawei honor 5C coming soon this month?
- Huawei P9 Lite announced quietly as a low-budget smartphone with no dual rear cameras
- Huawei TalkBand B3 transformable smartband officially announced from €169 (RM752)
- You can now get the latest Apple iPad Pro 9.7-inch from RM2699 at the Apple Store (Malaysia)
- Incredible Grabcar offer for RM1 with your credit/debit card!
- iFixit tears down LG G5
- Another new HTC teaser hyping to be the "smoothest and fastest Android phone"
- Xiaomi CEO confirms Xiaomi Mi Band 2 and Xiaomi Smartwatch coming soon in June
- Huawei P9 and P9 Plus revealed with dual 12MP rear Leica cameras, Kirin 955 chipset and more
- Meizu M3 Note mid-range smartphone revealed with 4100 mAh battery in China
- Meizu quietly lists the MX5E, a more affordable smartphone variant of the MX5
- Vivo announced new V3 and V3 Max smartphones in India
- Digi announces 6-month fully paid maternity leave for employees
- Logitech GROUP transforms the way teams use video conferencing
- Celcom launches Phone Care service with a monthly rate starting RM4 only
- Apple Store (Malaysia) reveals iPhone SE price starting at RM1949 only
- Rumours: Xiaomi planning to make a curved screen Mi 5S and Mi Note 2?
- HTC 10 coming with the best BoomSound yet?
- Rumours: New Nokia rendered image?
- WhatsApp now has full end-to-end encryption
- OPPO F1 Plus now official with 16MP front camera and VOOC flash charge
- Huawei released 14-seconds video teaser emphasizing dual-camera design using #OO?
- Xiaomi and Hasbro made a Transformers Mi Pad 2?
- Get all-in-one driving assistance with the Transcend DrivePro video recorder series
- Rumours: New Meizu M3 Note price leak for 1099 Yuan
- Celcom officially launched Celcom Axiata Malayisa Open 2016 for all Malaysian badminton enthusiasts
- Rumours: leaked render images of ASUS Zenfone 3 and Zenfone 3 Deluxe appear?
- Karalux presents 24k gold-plated version of Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge for RM6679 and RM7467
- Metal frame Microsoft Lumia 650 is now RM899 on pre-order with AirAsia BIG points and more
- Rumours: Leaked images show LEICA cameras coming on Huawei P9?